New Year’s Eve and New Year’s day is upon us and here are a few ideas to ring in the new year with yummy healthful hors d’oeuvre’s.
Mini Peppers with Herb Goat Cheese
- 1 package mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 oz of goat cheese
- 1 tsp each fresh thyme, rosemary, oregano chopped fine
Mix the cheese and the herbs and fill each half of pepper with 1 tsp mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with flake salt.
Spicy Avocado Jalapeno Yogurt with Crudités
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 8 oz fare plain greek yogurt
- 1 avocado seed and scooped out of it’s shell
- zest and juice of a lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp honey
- salt to taste
Blend all items in a mini blender. Serve with jicama, carrots, cherry tomatoes, peppers, any veggies you like to serve.
Roasted Rosemary Walnuts
- 4 cups walnuts
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper ( if you want some spice)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all items together. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until toasted and fragrant.